> This patch replaces some uses of `Reference::get` to `Reference::refersTo` to
> avoid keeping a referent strongly reachable that could cause unnecessary
> delay in collecting such object.   I only made change in some but not all
> classes in core libraries when working with Kim on `Reference::refersTo`.
> The remaining uses are left for the component owners to convert at
> appropriate time.

Mandy Chung has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
or a rebase. The pull request now contains 15 commits:

 - revise matchsKey to check equality if the reference is not cleared
 - fix typo
 - update copyright end year and fixup grammatical nit
 - Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openjdk/jdk into refersTo
 - 8256167: Convert JDK use of  to
 - Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openjdk/jdk into refersTo
 - Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openjdk/jdk into refersTo