On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 19:46:13 GMT, Jiangli Zhou <jian...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Martin Buchholz has refreshed the contents of this pull request, and
>> previous commits have been removed. The incremental views will show
>> differences compared to the previous content of the PR.
>
> src/java.smartcardio/unix/classes/sun/security/smartcardio/PlatformPCSC.java
> line 132:
>
>> 130:         // existence of the containing directory instead of the file.
>> 131:         lib = PCSC_FRAMEWORK;
>> 132:         if (new File(lib).getParentFile().isDirectory()) {
>
> This is outside of my normal area, could you please explain why checking the
> existence of the containing directory is equivalent to checking the file
> here? Does it provide the expected behavior on all unix-like platforms or
> only macos?
>
> Could you please also provide a jtreg test for this change?

The directory structure is intact - only the file is removed from the
filesystem.
More generally, for many frameworks, where there used to be

the file is gone, but

remains.

I don't think we need a jtreg test, since any functionality associated with
PCSC is broken on this platform.  I added label noreg-other