> On Jan 24, 2021, at 7:37 AM, Michael Hall <mik3h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> --name 'VARS Annotation’
>
> You are using a name with an embedded blank but that didn’t seem to cause me
> any problems.
>
> I didn’t recreate, maybe if I get a chance I’ll try to see if anything else
> in your invocation seems to trigger what you’re seeing.

This is about as close to yours as I think I can get and I didn’t recreate, it
is how I run mine shell script…

#!/bin/bash

set -e

PACKAGER=`/usr/libexec/java_home`/bin/jpackage

${PACKAGER} --version

echo 'remove prior dist'
rm -rf outputdir
mkdir outputdir

#       --install-dir outputdir \
#   --add-modules java.desktop,java.prefs,java.se \

${PACKAGER} \
        --verbose \
        --type app-image \
        --input ./input \
        --dest outputdir \
        --app-version 1.0.0  \
        --name BlackJack\ Blastoff \
        --main-jar bjb.jar \
        --main-class org.bjb.BlackJackApp \
        --runtime-image
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-14.jdk/Contents/Home \
        --java-options '-Xmx1024m -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50
-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true
-Dcom.apple.mrj.application.apple.menu.about.name=BlackjackBlastoff
-Dapple.awt.application.name=Blackjack\ Blastoff' \
        --icon /Users/mjh/HalfPipe/HalfPipe_jpkg/GenericApp.icns

#       --mac-sign \
#       --mac-signing-key-user-name "Michael Hall”

I think is about everything you had except different —java-options, mine of
course excluding your modular related.

ls "outputdir/BlackJack Blastoff.app”

Contents

ls "outputdir/BlackJack Blastoff.app/Contents"
Info.plist      MacOS           PkgInfo         Resources       app
runtime

If you use /usr/libexec/java_home you can get the current jdk and not need to
hardcode the path into JavaVirtualMachines. It looks like you only maintain one
version of the JDK, the release appeared stripped in your path? This also
allows you to run other versions if you want like…

/usr/libexec/java_home -v 14 --exec jpackage --version
WARNING: Using incubator modules: jdk.incubator.jpackage
14.0.2

If of interest to anyone I still haven’t figured out signing. It errored giving
some indication that the JDK had already been signed? I posted that sometime
back. I keep meaning to look at what there is for testing but haven’t yet. Any
thoughts on that would still be appreciated.