On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 19:38:16 GMT, Anton Kozlov <akoz...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review the implementation of JEP 391: macOS/AArch64 Port.
>>
>> It's heavily based on existing ports to linux/aarch64, macos/x86_64, and
>> windows/aarch64.
>>
>> Major changes are in:
>> * src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64: support of the new calling convention (subtasks
>> JDK-8253817, JDK-8253818)
>> * src/hotspot/os_cpu/bsd_aarch64: copy of os_cpu/linux_aarch64 with
>> necessary adjustments (JDK-8253819)
>> * src/hotspot/share, test/hotspot/gtest: support of write-xor-execute (W^X),
>> required on macOS/AArch64 platform. It's implemented with
>> pthread_jit_write_protect_np provided by Apple. The W^X mode is local to a
>> thread, so W^X mode change relates to the java thread state change (for java
>> threads). In most cases, JVM executes in write-only mode, except when
>> calling a generated stub like SafeFetch, which requires a temporary switch
>> to execute-only mode. The same execute-only mode is enabled when a java
>> thread executes in java or native states. This approach of managing W^X mode
>> turned out to be simple and efficient enough.
>> * src/jdk.hotspot.agent: serviceability agent implementation (JDK-8254941)
>
> Anton Kozlov has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Refactor CDS disabling
>  - Redo builsys support for aarch64-darwin

Changes requested by ihse (Reviewer).

make/autoconf/build-aux/autoconf-config.guess line 1275:

> 1273:                       UNAME_PROCESSOR="aarch64"
> 1274:                   fi
> 1275:                 fi ;;

Almost, but not quite, correct. We cannot change the autoconf-config.guess file
due to license restrictions (the license allows redistribution, not
modifications). Instead we have the config.guess file which "wraps"
autoconf-config.guess and makes pre-/post-call modifications to work around
limitations in the autoconf original file. So you need to check there if you
are getting incorrect results back and adjust it in that case. See the already
existing clauses in that file.