On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 18:35:51 GMT, Gerard Ziemski <gziem...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Anton Kozlov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   support macos_aarch64 in hsdis
>
> src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64/vm_version_aarch64.hpp line 93:
>
>> 91:     CPU_MARVELL   = 'V',
>> 92:     CPU_INTEL     = 'i',
>> 93:     CPU_APPLE     = 'a',
>
> The `ARM Architecture Reference Manual ARMv8, for ARMv8-A architecture
> profile` has 8538 pages, can we be more specific and point to the particular
> section of the document where the CPU codes are defined?

They are defined in 13.2.95. MIDR_EL1, Main ID Register. Apple's code is not
there, but "Arm can assign codes that are not published in this manual. All
values not assigned by Arm are reserved and must not be used.". I assume the
value was obtained by digging around
https://github.com/apple/darwin-xnu/blob/main/osfmk/arm/cpuid.h#L62