On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 14:06:31 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Given the lack of veracity from the os...
> Perhaps check that `swVersion.startsWith(osVersion) == true` (if the whole
> string doesn't match).
>
> I'm hopeful that when JDK 17 is released the toolchain has been upgraded and
> this patch won't be necessary.
> But if someone suggests backporting it, then a more through testing is needed.

the .startsWith is a good suggestion which simplifies the code. I'll change
this.

As for the patch I think it will be necessary for a while. I for one want to
backport it to JDK11 sine it hits there, too. And even if for JDK 17 we decide
to build with a newer toolchain older toolchains might still be supported