On 2/04/2021 5:34 pm, Alan Bateman wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 18:48:15 GMT, Jim Laskey <jlas...@openjdk.org> wrote:

src/java.base/share/native/libjimage/imageFile.cpp line 219:

217: // WARNING: Should never close the jimage file.
218: //          Threads may still be running at shutdown.
219: #if 0

Are you keeping the code in order to re-visit it again? Just wondering why it's
not deleted.

Leaving the code as an example of what is required to close in case the topic
gets revisited in the future and I get hit by a bus or dementia.

Okay although I assume someone will spot this and be tempted to remove it.

I didn't comment on this as I assumed it would contravene core-libs coding guidelines. I'm suprised to see dead code kept this way (there are existing cases elsewhere but it isn't considered good form). Previous code can always be retrieved from the repo history.

Cheers,
David