On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 17:30:33 GMT, Paul Sandoz <psan...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> It was my hope this would eventually happen when we added
> `Objects.checkIndex` and the underlying intrinsic. Very good!

Hi Paul,

Thank you for noticing this PR.
> It was my hope this would eventually happen when we added
> `Objects.checkIndex` and the underlying intrinsic.
Yes, this patch adds C1 intrinsic supports for checkIndex, I will replace all
variants of checkIndex with Objects.checkIndex in follow-up PRs.

It seems that Object.checkIndex can not meet our needs because it implicitly
passes null to Preconditions.checkIndex, but we want to customize exception
messages, so we might add extra APIs in Objects while doing the replacement.

> Very good!
Thank you Paul~

Best Regards,
Yang