On Thu, 13 May 2021 23:07:07 GMT, Mark Reinhold <m...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this implementation of JEP 403
>> (https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/403).
>> Alan Bateman is the original author of almost all of it.  Passes tiers 1-3
>> on
>> {linux,macos,windows}-x64 and {linux,macos}-aarch64.
>
> Mark Reinhold has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Remove now-unnecessary uses and mentions of the --illegal-access option

The changes look good.

I searched the test and src trees for other remaining usages "--illegal-access"
and didn't find any more (except for localized resources).

It's likely that some of the updated tests no longer need "/othervm". It would
need a close inspection of each test to see if it still needed.

test/jdk/tools/launcher/modules/illegalaccess/IllegalAccessTest.java line 26:

> 24: /**
> 25:  * @test
> 26:  * @requires vm.compMode != "Xcomp"

I think `@requires vm.compMode != "Xcomp" was added because the test took too
long with -Xcomp. I think it can be dropped now.

test/jdk/tools/launcher/modules/illegalaccess/IllegalAccessTest.java line 37:

> 35:
> 36: /**
> 37:  * Basic test of --illegal-access=value to deny or permit access to JDK
> internals.

The comment should probably be updated as the test no longer tests denying or
permitting access.

Marked as reviewed by alanb (Reviewer).