Hi, members of the core-libs developers of OpenJDK.

I think Java needs a Strings class similar to the java.util.Objects class of
Java 16 to be used in method arguments, return types and Stream filters.

I have coded it myself here based on the Objects implementation of Java 16
(please have a look):
https://github.com/Aliuken/Java-Strings/blob/main/Strings.java

In fact, I think it would be useful also adding annotations for method
arguments and return types such as:
- @NonNull
- @NonNullElse(defaultValue)
- @NonNullElseGet(class::supplierMethod)
- @NonNullNorEmpty
- @NonNullNorEmptyElse(defaultValue)
- @NonNullNorEmptyElseGet(class::supplierMethod)

With that kind of annotations, you could assume thinks like:
- an argument or return type cannot have value null, but an Exception
- an argument or return type cannot have value null, but a default value

What do you think?

Waiting for your response.

PS: I am sending this email repeated. I have sended it yesterday with my other
email account (alber8...@gmail.com), but I wasn't a member of this mailing
list. Now I have become a member with this other email account.

Regards,

Alberto Otero Rodríguez.