On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 21:20:53 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> This patch increases time out for both TestUpcall and TestDowncall. These
> tests were already long-running, but with JEP-412, they were beefed up even
> more, so now they time out on some debug builds.
>
> This patch also address a minor issue in TestResourceScope which can
> sometimes lead to intermittent failure, depending on how threads are
> scheduled.

Thumbs up.

You might starting with 240 instead of 720 for the initial timeout bump.

I would definitely prefer to have Tier4 quiet down for the upcoming code fork
so increasing the timeout is good from my GK POV.

These two tests were using the default timeout of 120 seconds/2 minutes and
with a default timeoutFactor of 4 (set by the test task), the total timeout was
480 seconds/8 minutes.

I recommend change the timeout from 720 to 240. That will give you a total
timeout of 960 seconds/16 minutes. For the TestDowncall.java failure, that
should cover that case. For the TestUpcall.java failure, we don't know if
doubling the total timeout will cover that case or not because that test
didn't pass while the timeout handler is running.

However, doubling is a good start for a bump. Also, using a higher timeout
value doesn't hurt anything if the test doesn't timeout.

Marked as reviewed by dcubed (Reviewer).