> This patch overhauls the library loading mechanism used by the Foreign Linker
> API. We realized that, while handy, the *default* lookup abstraction
> (`LibraryLookup::ofDefault`) was behaving inconsistentlt across platforms.
>
> This patch replaces `LibraryLookup` with a simpler `SymbolLookup`
> abstraction, a functional interface. Crucially, `SymbolLookup` does not
> concern with library loading, only symbol lookup. For this reason, two
> factories are added:
>
> * `SymbolLookup::loaderLookup` - which obtains a lookup that can be used to
> lookup symbols in libraries loaded by current loader
> * `CLinker::systemLookup` - a more stable replacement for the *default*
> lookup, which looks for symbols in libc.so (or its equivalent in other
> platforms). The contents of this lookup are unspecified.
>
> Both factories are *restricted*, so they can only be called when
> `--enable-native-access` is set.

Maurizio Cimadamore has updated the pull request incrementally with one
additional commit since the last revision:

  Forgot to add makefile for building shim library

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4316/files/7be87eae..6480332c

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4316&range=04