On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 20:03:53 GMT, Dan Smith <dlsm...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Standardizes and better specifies the errors thrown by LambdaMetafactory,
> including for inputs that would not be generated by javac.
>
> Does some renaming of core parameters/fields to better reflect their purpose.
>
> In the implementation, stops using ACC_BRIDGE for any methods, which is not a
> good fit for what these methods do (they don't delegate to each other, but
> all invoke the same implementation method).

CSR was completed months ago: JDK-8221255. Just never got around to pushing the
changes. Since then, InnerClassLambdaMetafactory was changed significantly, but
the the public API is unchanged.

In testing, I discovered one issue leading to an internal error: JDK-8268192. I
commented out my test case and will follow up on that issue separately.