On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:46:24 GMT, Alexey Semenyuk <asemen...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> GetApplicationHomeFromDll() fails if the path to libjli.so contains "bin"
> component (/tmp/bin/HelloWorld/lib/runtime/lib/libjli.so). TruncatePath()
> looks for "/bin/" first in "/tmp/bin/HelloWorld/lib/runtime/lib/libjli.so"
> string and then it looks for "/lib/". But this is wrong order as it should
> look for "/lib/" first. I.e. TruncatePath() should look for "/bin/" and then
> for "/lib/" if called from GetApplicationHome() and for "/lib/" first and
> then for "/bin/" if called from GetApplicationHomeFromDll().

The test should use java launcher dynamically linked to libjli.so. So the
standard java launcher wouldn't work. I can provide C source code of a test
java launcher dynamically linked to libjli.so though. The test will need to
compile java launcher from the source code. This looks more sophisticated
compared to providing another jpackage test for this use case.