On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 13:38:58 GMT, Matthias Baesken <mbaes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> But I think that the testing needs to be enhanced (e.g. with some added
> docker tests?). Do you have some good suggestions
> where I could look at existing (docker?) tests and adjust those for the new
> pids.max ?

Have a look at `test/hotspot/jtreg/containers/docker/TestMisc.java` which
already does some assertions on `print_container_info()` output. Either extend
that test with some actual pid limits (`--pids-limit=` option) in place or
write a similar one. That would cover the hotspot side.

Then consider adding the pids limit to the `-Xshowsettings:system` output (see
`LauncherHelper.printSystemMetrics()`) using the Java API and add a docker test
using that in `test/jdk/jdk/internal/platform/docker/`.