On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 21:11:44 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> The previous fix to this test which used removed the `VerifyDependency` flag
> worked well, but we're still observing rare timeouts. Looking at the test
> reports, it seems likely that slightly increasing the timeout would do the
> trick.

After an offline discussion we agreed to leave the test unchanged at the
moment. It is not immediately clear if the problem is the test (which runs in
~40 seconds) or with specific machines, as we're seeing some very wild spikes.
The test uses some logic to prod the GC (so that cleaners are run and off-heap
resources are released) - but the same logic is also present in the dual
TestDowncall which has never timed out.

PR: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk17/pull/198