On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 14:41:54 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Is this what you have been asking @mkarg in #4263 to do? Optimize
> > transferTo() only for FileInputStream? Would it interfere with #4263?
>
> #4263 is the input stream returned by Channels.newInputStream where the
> source may be a FileChannel and the output stream specified to
> InputStream::transferTo may be connected to a FileChannel.

Having followed both #4263 and this PR from the sidelines, may I ask why for
#4263 much more rigorous testing is asked but not here? E.g. test for NPE,
random-sized files/buffers, random position, return value, comprehensive JMH
tests to show performance, etc? I'm all for high quality standards and good
test coverage, but why are we seemingly measuring with double standards?