On 24/08/2021 07:50, Andrey Turbanov wrote:
Hello.
I found a few internal classes in the JDK codebase which don't have
proper javadoc, but have dangling javadoc-like comments.
Dangling Javadoc comments are ignored by the javadoc tool and IDE.
Perhaps it was intentional to not add proper javadoc to them?
I believe it's better to convert them to proper javadoc to make
developing JDK a bit more friendly within IDE.
What do you think?
There isn't any requirement for internal classes to have complete javadoc. If there are cases in the list where fleshing out or fixing javadoc issues would help future maintainers then go ahead. Looking at your list then I assume some of these are just noise and not worth doing anything.

-Alan