On Mon, 6 Sep 2021 06:45:07 GMT, q2q-2q2
<github.com+44376158+q2q-...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Shortcut String equality checks by checking equality of the value array
>
> q2q-2q2 has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit
> since the last revision:
>
>   JDK-8272192 Shortcut String equality checks by checking equality of the
> value array

It isn't obvious to me that this is necessarily correct - do we only ever share
the full array? IIRC at one time substrings also shared the same array but with
different a starting index and length.

If this is correct then it needs some supporting performance data, but as these
methods are also VM intrinsics I doubt you will see much difference as only
interpreted code will be affected by your change. But I'll leave it to the
performance experts to comment - paging @cl4es :)

Oh and as the JBS issue is filed against hotspot as the moment that needs to be
cleaned up to, if this is just a Java fix.

Cheers,
David