On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 10:47:34 GMT, Daniel Fuchs <dfu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jaikiran Pai has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   unused imports
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/Properties.java line 836:
>
>> 834:      * <p>
>> 835:      * Then every entry in this {@code Properties} table is
>> 836:      * written out, one per line. For each entry the key string is
>
> Sorry for coming late to the party: I don't remember if this was already
> asked for and rejected - but shouldn't there be a non-normative `@implNote`
> here to state that the default implementation of this method will write the
> properties sorted by their keys in alphanumeric ordering?
> Otherwise this looks very good!

Hello Daniel, you are right - I missed discussing whether or not to include a
`@implNote` to explain the natural sorted order of the property keys. When we
started this whole PR proposal, Alan had hinted that maybe we should "specify"
this behaviour. Should this be a `@implNote` or should this be part of the
formal spec like we did for the system property handling?