On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:03:55 GMT, Claes Redestad <redes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This can probably be simplified further, say by adding a flag to the
> intrinsic of whether we're encoding ASCII only or ISO-8859-1.

Done: Removed the addition of a new C2 Node, merged the macro assembler
encode_iso_array and encode_ascii_array and added a predicate to select the
behavior.

> It also needs to be implemented and tested on all architectures.

Implementing this on other hardware is Future Work. The non-x86 intrinsics for
implEncodeISOArray all seem to use clever tricks rather than a simple mask that
can be easily switched from detecting non-latin-1(0xFF00) to detecting ASCII
(0xFF80). Clever tricks make it rather challenging to extend this like I could
easily do in the x86 code (most all assembler is foreign to me)