On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 19:49:06 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I'm uncomfortable with this change, does the change have any benefit?

To me, the initial appeal of this change was to use a more natural API instead
of creating an `Exception` instance and printing the stacktrace from it.
Performance wise, I hadn't run any numbers. But having to fallback to using the
Exception instance in this above case, that too by doing an almost hackish
check, does indeed remove any kind of benefit to this change.

Like Mandy suggests I will go ahead and withdraw this PR and close the linked
issue.