On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 03:31:11 GMT, Ichiroh Takiguchi <itakigu...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> I tested your code on my CentOS7 x86_64. I saw following exception.

This doesn't surprise me. It would be be useful if you could do the same
experiment with main line and JDK 17 too. There have been several reports of
NPE when trying to startup in environments where the locale does not map to a
charset that the JDK supports.

In your output I see "WARNING: The encoding of the underlying platform's file
system is not supported by the JVM: PT154". Thereafter what you are seeing a
recursive initialisation issue. To break this cycle we need jnuEncoding to be
set before initialising the file system.