On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 17:07:52 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > @AlanBateman yes, see above comment, thanks
>
> This is a significant change to the ZipEntry API that will require discussion
> and agreement. Can you start a discussion on core-libs-dev about the topic?
> You could start with a summary of the problem and the API and non-API options
> that have been explored.

I agree with Alan.  We are too close to RDP 1 to consider this type of change
for JDK 18 as we need more time to discuss, update the CSR, test (and we will
need additional tests for this), and give it time to bake.  IMHO this will need
to go into JDK 19 assuming we move forward with changes similar to the latest
commit