On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 11:29:50 GMT, Christian Stein <cst...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Prior to this PR, `toUri()` of class `ZipPath` in module `jdk.zipfs` and
>> class `PathFileObject` in module `jdk.compiler` were always composed by base
>> path names. Even for versioned entries of a multi-release JAR file.
>>
>> Now, a `URI` for an entry is composed of its real path names using an
>> existing lookup function in the associated zip file system object.
>>
>> This PR also removes a superseded work around for
>> [JDK-8134451](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8134451).
>>
>> Fixes https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8271079
>
> Christian Stein has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Add bug number `8271079` to ZipFS tester

Regarding the javac workaround, as best I can tell, the `createJarUri` code
goes all the way back to the original file manager code in JDK 6.  The
workaround comment appeared in JDK 9, as part of the general conversion from
the old File-based file manager to the new Path-based file manager.  So yes,
there does not appear to be a specific test for the workaround, and it's not
clear it's worth bisecting the changes in the transition from JDK 8 to JDK 9 to
investigate further.