On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 16:37:00 GMT, Christian Stein <cst...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> A number of modules declare that the "provide" ToolProvider.
>
> These modules now specify the "name" of the argument used by
> `ToolProvider.findFirst` to access an instance of the tool provider within
> the description part of a `@provides` API tag.

> Would it be more pedantically accurate to talk about getting an instance of
> the tool provider (not just tool)?

Yes. That would be more correct.

My wording was aligned to the one used in the main description block, which
also talks about "tool(s)". For example:

 * <p> Instances of the tools can be obtained by calling
 * {@link java.util.spi.ToolProvider#findFirst ToolProvider.findFirst}
 * or the {@linkplain java.util.ServiceLoader service loader} with the name
 * {@code "javac"}.

_Here, it should read "Instances of the tool can be..." and not "Instances of
the tools can be..." - right? As there's only a single one provided by this
module._