On 3/03/2022 11:02 pm, Julian Waters wrote:
I understand, I'll notify the author about this. I'm not sure if they'll be alright with discussing on the mailing lists though, since they have expressed that they prefer discussing it on the PR itself

That's not the way OpenJDK works, and anything in the PR (once properly setup) goes to the mailing list anyway.

https://openjdk.java.net/contribute/

Cheers,
David

best regards,
Julian Waters

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 8:57 PM David Holmes <david.hol...@oracle.com <mailto:david.hol...@oracle.com>> wrote:

    On 3/03/2022 10:47 pm, Julian Waters wrote:
     > Hi David,
     >
     > I did not create the PR, I'm instead asking for others to review it
     > before I help the author create the issue on the JBS. Should I
    just go
     > ahead and create the issue for them?

    The best thing would be for the PR creator to discuss the proposed API
    addition on the mailing list first. I have a fairly good idea what the
    outcome of that discussion will be but ... :)

    Cheers,
    David

    <https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/6938>> but has no corresponding