On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 02:39:42 GMT, Joe Darcy <da...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Note that in terms of Java semantics, negation of floating point values needs
> to be implemented as subtraction from negative zero rather than positive zero:
>
> double negate(double arg) {return -0.0 - arg; }
>
> This is to handle signed zeros correctly.

Hi @jddarcy ,thanks for looking at this PR and thanks for the notes on the
floating point negation! Yeah, this really makes sense to me. Kindly note that
this patch didn't touch the negation of the floating point values. For Vector
API, the vector floating point negation has been intrinsified to `NegVF/D` node
by compiler that we directly generate the negation instructions for them.
Thanks!