> nope, see my previous mail to Ceki, the VM is cheating here if it can
> inline the call to MethodHandles.lookup()

Does how the VM cheats really matter? The fact is that the code in the JDK
can
get the calling class and implement something like MethodHandles.lookup() so
it takes ~3 ns. If you implemented something like a lookup class as a normal
user your best bet would be StackWalker.GetCallingClass() and you would end
up with something that is at least 2 magnitudes slower. That is probably not
an issue for most use cases. But for some, it might be a bit of a steep
cost.

/Kasper