On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 23:13:26 GMT, liach <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> XenoAmess has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   add MIN_SKIP_BUFFER_SIZE
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/InputStream.java line 557:
>
>> 555:
>> 556:         while (remaining > 0) {
>> 557:             nr = read(skipBuffer, 0, (int)Math.min(size, remaining));
>
> I recommend moving `nr` declaration from the beginning of the method to where
> it's actually used (here)

The check for `skipBuffer.length < size` makes it appear that the buffer can be
re-allocated.
If it is allocated once then only the `skipBuffer == null` is needed.

The code may be simpler if the 'size' variable is removed.

        byte[] skipBuffer = this.skipBuffer;
        if (skipBuffer == null) {
            this.skipBuffer = skipBuffer =
                new byte[(remaining < MIN_SKIP_BUFFER_SIZE) ?
MIN_SKIP_BUFFER_SIZE : MAX_SKIP_BUFFER_SIZE];
        }
        while (remaining > 0) {
            int nr = read(skipBuffer, 0, (int)Math.min(skipBuffer.length,
remaining));