On Tue, 3 May 2022 13:27:41 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I agree with Erik - the source locations need to be modified to not define
> it. If we want to keep a record perhaps add an assertion that the value is
> what was expected?
>
> I still feel we have a disconnect between this and an actual check for what
> the build and runtime platform version is ...
>
> and it isn't at all clear how someone using an API only in a later Windows
> version, and so setting _WIN32_WINNT to a higher value, will know that this
> is defined down in the build files ?

Hi David, I agree the other locations as long as they are not 3rd party code
should be cleaned up.
Someone using an API  that is only available in later Windows versions would
get  a redefinition warning as long as no undefine is done.
But we have to set _WIN32_WINNT anyway to a higher value (windows8, I think
that's 0x0602)  to  compile
 src\jdk.crypto.mscapi\windows\native\libsunmscapi\security.cpp .