On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 09:09:07 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/Thread.java line 192:
>>
>>> 190:  * with the following system properties:
>>> 191:  * <table class="striped">
>>> 192:  * <caption style="display:none;">System properties</caption>
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, is that semi-colon even needed, or would
>> `display:none` be enough?
>
> Now that I think about it, do you know why the `display:none` is being set
> here? I have very limited knowledge of CSS, wouldn't the use of
> `display:none` make the `System Properties` caption text invisible?

Indeed, the semi-colon is optional at the end of an inline CSS attribute. I
removed it in my follow-up commit.

Regarding the presence of invisible `<caption>` elements in HTML tables: this
is indeed questionable. I assume it was based on the notion that a `<caption>`
element is required in HTML tables, which is not the case (neither for HTML4
nor HTML5). However, it is quite pervasive (there are around 170 occurrences of
`<caption style="display:none">` in OpenJDK source), and one could argue that
it serves as an informational comment both in Java and HTML.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15762#discussion_r1379955443