On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 18:21:33 GMT, Markus Grönlund <mgron...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> It would be good to integrate this quite soon because it would release the
> reliance on ASM and let us only use the new ClassFile API. Now, we need to
> load both implementations, leading to startup regression.

This is a new event so there isn't existing instrumentation to remove. I think
this will need changes before it can be integrated as there are naming issues
and needs the timeout to at least be able to distinguish immediately selection
operations from others. There are quite a few use-cases to work through on how
it might be used too.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16710#issuecomment-1830675271