You can either pack the files with your job jar or use the distributed
cache if the file size is big. See http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#8.

Hairong

-----Original Message-----
From: jerrro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: hadoop and local files

Hello,

When launching a map-reduce job, I am interested in copying a certain
file to the datanodes, but not HDFS - the local file system, so I can
access that file from my job on the datanode. (The file is around 500KB,
so I don't think there will be much overhead). Is there a way to tell
hadoop to do that (I heard it is possible, but not sure how)? Also, how
do I know where the file is copied to? (I understood it can be copied to
/tmp or something of that sort of the datanode).

Thanks.

Jerr.