Hello,

This is Mahout project seems very interesting.

Any problem that has reducibility components
using mapreduce and can then be described as a
linear equation would be excellent candidates.

Most Nutch developers probably don't need HMM
but instead the power method to iterate over
Markov chains or Perron-Frobenius.

However, some of that work as it pertains to
the web has been patented so it would be more
productive for the Hadoop community to focus
on other areas such as adjacency matrices,
SALSA or bipartite graphs using Hbase.

Bye,

Peter W.