Since Sunnyvale is not exactly around the corner for everyone... (bugger)
Are people around for a small gathering during ApacheCon EU?

cheers
--
Torsten

On 20.02.2008, at 21:10, Ajay Anand wrote:

The registration page for the Hadoop summit is now up:
http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/summit/

Space is limited, so please sign up early if you are interested in
attending.

About the summit:
Yahoo! is hosting the first summit on Apache Hadoop on March 25th in
Sunnyvale. The summit is sponsored by the Computing Community Consortium
(CCC) and brings together leaders from the Hadoop developer and user
communities. The speakers will cover topics in the areas of extensions
being developed for Hadoop, case studies of applications being built and
deployed on Hadoop, and a discussion on future directions for the
platform.

Agenda:
8:30-8:55 Breakfast
8:55-9:00 Welcome to Yahoo! & Logistics - Ajay Anand, Yahoo!
9:00-9:30 Hadoop Overview - Doug Cutting / Eric Baldeschwieler, Yahoo!
9:30-10:00 Pig - Chris Olston, Yahoo!
10:00-10:30 JAQL - Kevin Beyer, IBM
10:30-10:45 Break
10:45-11:15 DryadLINQ - Michael Isard, Microsoft
11:15-11:45 Monitoring Hadoop using X-Trace - Andy Konwinski and Matei
Zaharia, UC Berkeley
11:45-12:15 Zookeeper - Ben Reed, Yahoo!
12:15-1:15 Lunch
1:15-1:45 Hbase - Michael Stack, Powerset
1:45-2:15 Hbase App - Bryan Duxbury, Rapleaf
2:15-2:45 Hive - Joydeep Sen Sarma, Facebook
2:45-3:00 Break
3:00-3:20 Building Ground Models of Southern California - Steve
Schossler, David O'Hallaron, Intel / CMU
3:20-3:40 Online search for engineering design content - Mike Haley,
Autodesk
3:40-4:00 Yahoo - Webmap - Arnab Bhattacharjee, Yahoo!
4:00-4:30 Natural language Processing - Jimmy Lin, U of Maryland /
Christophe Bisciglia, Google
4:30-4:45 Break
4:45-5:30 Panel on future directions
5:30-7:00 Happy hour