Hi everyone,
I applied the patch provided at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-2873 and my namenode/cluster is up again without formatting it :-) Thanks for the quick help! Reading and writing to the cluster seems to work fine except for MapRed jobs: All counters say 0 even I can access the files (mentioned in the MapTask splits) properly through the WebUI. I will try to dig the logs and let you know if I could figure something out... Also, the namenode still says: "Upgrade for version -13 has been completed. Upgrade is not finalized." even 15 hours after launching it :-/

Cu on the 'net,
Bye - bye,

Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
André,
You can try to rollback.
You did use upgrade when you switched to the new trunk, right?
--Konstantin