On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Steve Sapovits wrote:

Can someone point me to working examples of config access? I'm trying to use the FileSystem and Configuration classes to get the 'fs.default.name' value. I see that the Configuration object thinks it's loaded hadoop-default.xml and hadoop-site.xml files, but no matter what I ask it for I get a default back and not what's configured.

Can you re-check if the right paths (for your config files) are on the CLASSPATH?

You should be able to get the configured value via:

String fsName = conf.get("fs.default.name");

Arun

A working example of this would probably set me straight. I tried explicitly adding resources hard-coding the full path names of the config. files ... same thing.

--
Steve Sapovits
Invite Media  -  http://www.invitemedia.com