Luca,

#!/bin/bash
hadoop --config /home/luca/hod-test jar
/mnt/scratch/hadoop/hadoop-0.16.0-examples.jar wordcount
file:///mnt/scratch/hadoop/test/part-00000 test.hodscript.out

Can you try removing the --config from this script ? While running scripts, HOD automatically allocates a directory and sets HADOOP_CONF_DIR to that. So, you don't need to mention that.

That said, I have a very important note: we are changing HOD's user interface a bit based on some feedback from some of our users. Before you write too many scripts, it might be worthwhile to wait until Hadoop 0.16.1 is out which will have a more user friendly HOD interface. Please look at H-2861 for all details.

Thanks
hemanth