>> I suppose that a hash function which hash row key to physical address
is more efficient.

Actually, I thought and consider about CAN (Content-Addressable
Network) because BigTable has a immutable meta tree as a b+tree.
I don't exactly know what do you think, but it is a revolutionary idea.

If I may digress from my theme for a moment,
For 30 years, The benefits of column-store development has been the
subject of much/some debate. but, the availability of column-store has
not been authenticated.
And also, i couldn't proof an benefits of Hbase (BigTable clone)
because there is an various alternative suggestions. But, I recently
find a answer that they only made a BigTable for fun.

--
B. Regards,
Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.