On Mar 21, 2008, at 6:35 PM, Stephen J. Barr wrote:

Hello,

I am working on developing my first hadoop app from scratch. It is a Monte-Carlo simulation, and I am using the PiEstimator code from the examples as a reference. I believe I have what I want in a .java file. However, I couldn't find any documentation on how to make that .java file into a .jar that I could run, and I haven't found much documentation that is hadoop specific.

Is it basically javac MyApp.java
jar -cf MyApp

Yes. That's pretty much it.

Here is more documentation to help you get started:
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html

Arun

or something to that effect, or is there more to it?

Thanks! Sorry for the newbie question.

-stephen barr