Dear Yahoo, Amazon, and Hadoop Community:

  Thank you very much for a very well-done Hadoop Summit.  It came as a
complete surprise that a FREE conference would include breakfast, lunch,
snacks, happy hour, and swag - very classy and very nice.

  All the presentations and discussions were interesting (and I do mean ALL),
and I learned a great deal in a very short time.  Thanks to the presenters for
doing a good job preparing and an equally fine job presenting.

  It was also a lot of fun putting faces to the names we see on the email list
and having some time to chat and network with everyone.

  The day-ending roundtable on the future of Hadoop made it clear that all the
major players and participants are in this for the long-haul.  Thanks to all
for presenting what I thought was a very clear, very logical roadmap.

  I'm back in Boston after having flown out to the valley literally just to
attend the Summit.  It was money and time well spent to attend (and I can't
wait until the airlines provide in-flight internet access...).   I would like
to encourage everyone to consider future Summits, with perhaps an even larger
venue if possible - I know that I would be willing to pay the usual conference
registration fees to attend.

  In short:  Well done...bravo.

  Thanks,
  Chris