Hello,
I'm trying to assemble a simple setup of 3 nodes using NFS as Distributed
Filesystem.

Box A: 192.168.2.3, this box is either the NFS server and working as a slave
node
Box B: 192.168.2.30, this box is only JobTracker
Box C: 192.168.2.31, this box is only slave

Obviously all three nodes can access the NFS shared, and the path to the
share is /home/slitz/warehouse in all three.

My hadoop-site.xml file were copied over all nodes and looks like this:

<configuration>

<property>

<name>fs.default.name</name>

 <value>local</value>

<description>

 The name of the default file system. Either the literal string

"local" or a host:port for NDFS.

 </description>

</property>

 <property>

<name>mapred.job.tracker</name>

 <value>192.168.2.30:9001</value>

<description>

 The host and port that the MapReduce job

tracker runs at. If "local", then jobs are

 run in-process as a single map and reduce task.

</description>

 </property>

<property>

<name>mapred.system.dir</name>

 <value>/home/slitz/warehouse/hadoop_service/system</value>

<description>omgrotfcopterlol.</description>

 </property>

</configuration>

As one can see, i'm not using HDFS at all.
(Because all the free space i have is located in only one node, so using
HDFS would be unnecessary overhead)

I've copied the input folder from hadoop to /home/slitz/warehouse/input.
When i try to run the example line

bin/hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar grep /home/slitz/warehouse/input/
/home/slitz/warehouse/output 'dfs[a-z.]+'

the job starts and finish okay but at the end i get this error:

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.InvalidInputException: Input path doesn't exist :
/home/slitz/hadoop-0.15.3/grep-temp-141595661
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.validateInput(FileInputFormat.java:154)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:508)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:753)
(...the error stack continues...)

i don't know why the input path being looked is in the local path
/home/slitz/hadoop(...) instead of /home/slitz/warehouse/(...)

Maybe something is missing in my hadoop-site.xml?

slitz