Hi.

I don't know how to create unique individual file names for each mapper's
key/value pairs.  How do you create individual files per mappers key/value
pairs so they don't overwrite one another?

I.e how do you create a new file each time and use that code for all the
mappers and not have each of the mappers trying to overwrite the other's
output? If that makes any sense?

For example, at end of map(), i create sequence file for output of the
key/value pair.  But, if another mapper is running and it does the same thing,
the file gets overwritten b/c this other mapper is creating the exact file name
and doing the exact same thing as the other mapper is doing.

Devaraj Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Will your requirement be addressed if,
from within the map method, you
create a sequence file using SequenceFile.createWriter api, write a
key/value using the writer's append(key,value)   API and then close the file
? You can do this for every key/value.
Pls have a look at createWriter APIs and the Writer class in
o.a.h.i.SequenceFile..