In the system I am working, we have 6 million blocks total and the namenode
heap size is about 600 MB and it takes about 5 minutes for namenode to leave
the safemode.

I try to estimate what would be the heap size if we have 100 - 150 million
blocks, and what would be the amount of time for namenode to leave the
safemode.
>From the extrapolation based on the numbers I have, I am calculating very
scary numbers for both (Terabytes for heap size) and half an hour or so
startup time. I am hoping that my extrapolation is not accurate.

>From your clusters, could you provide some numbers for number of files and
blocks in the system vs. the master heap size and master startup time.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Cagdas

--