Hi dhruba,
we are running the latest Sun Java 6u10-beta, and the namenode runs with 25 threads on a quad core machine.

Cu on the 'net,
                     Bye - bye,

                                <<<<< André <<<< >>>> èrbnA >>>>>

Dhruba Borthakur wrote:
What version of java are you using? How may threads are you running on
the namenode? How many cores does your machines have?

thanks,
dhruba