Hi Iver,
The implementation of the script depends on your setup. The main thing is
that it should be able to accept a bunch of IP addresses and DNS names and
be able to give back the rackIDs for each. It is a one-to-one correspondence
between what you pass and what you get back. For getting the rackID the
script could deduce it from the IP address, or, query some service (similar
to the way dns works, or some similar mechanism), or, in the extreme case,
read a file that has the mapping from IP address to rackId.
Thanks,
Devaraj.