We use Hadoop in a similar manner, to process batches of data in
real-time every few minutes. However, we do substantial amounts of
processing on that data, so we use Hadoop to distribute our computation.
Unless you have a significant amount of work to be done, I wouldn't
recommend using Hadoop because it's not worth the overhead of launching
the jobs and moving the data around.

Matt