Hello list

We will be getting access to a cluster soon, and I was wondering whether this I should use Hadoop ? Or am I better of with the usual batch schedulers such as ProActive etc ? I am not a CS/CE person, and from reading the website I can not get a sense of whether hadoop is for me.

A little background:
We have a relatively large agent based simulation ( 20+ MB jar) that needs to be swept across very large parameter spaces. Agents communicate only within the simulation, so there is no interprocess communication. The parameter vector is max 20 long , the simulation may take 5-10 minutes on a normal desktop and it might return a few mb of raw data. We need 10k-100K runs, more if possible.

Thanks for advice, even a short yes/no is welcome

Greetings
Igor

--
ir. Igor Nikolic