Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to configure rack awareness. I have
written a script that reads a list of IPs or host names and return a list of rack IDs of the same number.

This is my script running:

$./mydns 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.1
/rack0 /rack1

I specified the path of this script to topology.script.file.name. I verified that this script was called by Hadoop and I could see the input (up to 21 IPs in my case).

However, it seems the output of my script is not correct and Hadoop cannot
use it to get the correct topology (only 1 rack is found by Hadoop no matter how I change the format of the output).

Please advise if you know how to do this.

Thanks
Yunhong